Somehow, a red barn is iconic. Little wonder I latched onto it in naming this blog. My posts have already mentioned Tuttle’s and Red’s Shoe Barn in Dover, New Hampshire, and the Red Barn Motel in Millbridge, Maine.
As for others? Not all of them are on farms.
- There’s the fast-food restaurant chain that originated in Springfield, Ohio.
- A market and deli in South Burlington, Vermont.
- A feed and pet store in the San Fernando Valley of California.
- A flea market in Bradenton, Florida.
- A home décor store in Wisconsin.
- A convention center in Adams County, Ohio.
- A trailer dealership in Texas and New Mexico.
- A medical marijuana producer and dispensary in New Mexico.
- Amish in Maine, who not only allow them but make them their bright signature color while keeping the houses plain white.
- And let’s not overlook Tom Waits, singing “There was a murder in the red barn” as the chorus.