- Easter this year was April 1 — except for the Eastern Orthodox, who will observe it on April 8.
- White chocolate and malt balls. The Easter Bunny or somebody brings them.
- Ferns and flowers. Daffodils and irises, especially when they come indoors as cut flowers.
- The quality of daylight changes.
- Hot dandelion greens with fried eggs.
- The last of the snow melts despite a few spring snowstorms.
- Goldfinches discard their gray “duster jackets” and turn brilliantly yellow again.
- Bagging seaweed at the end of the road and filling the car trunk gives me an excuse to hit the beach early. Remember, the stuff makes a perfect mulch in the garden.
- Sitting in the loft of the barn again, catching up on some reading, now that the weather’s warmed.
- So many birds are actually singing in the morning. Quite rowdy, actually, at times.
What do you like about April?
Of course, this is totally unrelated to the theme. Just another thing on my mind.