The mind dances here and there, rarely in a linear fashion. So what’s on my mind these days? How about counting on these fingers?
- And now, fresh strawberries. The bed we renovated last year is making amends. So how do you like yours the best?
- So delightful to have cut flowers indoors, too. A sprig of laurel (from the burial ground) is stunning against the deep purple velvet of a Siberian iris.
- French 75s. That’s the cocktail they like at Chris and Linda’s.
- I still aspire to writing a novel with only three or four characters. Two, however, feels just too tight. It would be something tightly focused and linear. But the current has often pulled me in the opposite direction. Big Inca, for instance, is essentially four – but look at all the others who keep wandering in and out!
- How little of the traditional canon I’ve pursued. There are vast gaps in my reading repertoire. That doesn’t mean I haven’t read – far from it.
- A perfect June morning: cool, touch of breeze, sunny and clear. After a full night’s sleep.
- Her eye is so close I see my own reflection.
- Maybe writing and revising have been my first love over all these years.
- Headed to the liquor store to make sure I’d have enough gin for a martini but arrived five minutes after it closed: take that as a sign.
- Being remembered as “an intense young man.”