Just a taste of what’s popping up. In case you were looking for a prompt.
- Time to start checking on the ocean temperatures in the Gulf of Maine, courtesy of the NOAA buoys reported on the website. I no longer bother to venture into real surf until the readings hit 60 Fahrenheit. Below that it’s blue-toe water.
- There’s an irony in performing sun-salutation postures but none, say, for the new moon or full moon. Om, my. Inhale and exhale, with incense.
- On our apron by the back door, a small snake, whip motion, ever so slowly.
- Here I’d been intending to write leaner, tighter, shorter, clearer – a lacework of Light. Wind up with dense blocks of prose-poems instead.
- It’s hard to imagine my native Buckeye State was created, in essence, by eleven Connecticut veterans of the American Revolution who met at the Bunch of Grapes Tavern in Boston on March 1, 1786, to form the Ohio Company. The tavern was a gathering place for wealthy merchants sympathetic to the patriot cause. At least it wasn’t Manhattan. Who knows what we would have wound up with.
- Sometimes you feel a new beginning – not just renewal but turning a corner.
- My own pathway unfolds as its own guide.
- Sometimes I read this place as CLOVER NH. Better, of course, than the unintentionally comic EFFINGHAM.
- I’ve resolved to spend more time in the mountains to our north this summer. In recent years, even getting to the beaches nearby has been elusive.
- So that’s it! Blah-blah-blah.