It’s what we call “falling down the rabbit hole.” You know, you look up from your computer screen and are startled to realize it’s hours later than you thought. Maybe even with a pang of guilt.
You might even call these mind traps or time wasters.
Here’s our top ten. I’m inviting you to provide additional commentary or to nominate others.
- Facebook. Yeah, major, even before sifting through the suffocating ads.
- Twitter. Well, back when it had credibility or the lights were still on. But now? Has all that twittering gone over to Mastodon?
- Pinterest. What, you can’t find professional photos anywhere else?
- Instagram. Well, just imagine how many photos are being taken on cell phones nowadays.
- Tik toc. Ah, the mysteries of youth, all around the world.
- Fantasy sports. You bet.
- Online puzzles. Think Wordle for starters.
- Food sites. How many ways can you cook a turnip, anyway?
- Advice columns. Oh, my, how do some of these people even get out of bed? Or do they really crawl out from under a rock?
- Solitaire, online or with real cards. I do prefer to shuffle my own, thank you.
Those music videos I’ve warned you about earlier can be considered “research.”
2 thoughts on “As for some major ‘rabbit holes’”
A cat in need of a rabbit hole (a cat for your bunnies 🙂 ) https://www.catster.com/kittens/special-needs-rescue-kitten-loves-his-bunny-friends?MailingID
Thanks for the view …