It was a lot of fun and had people really excited. Of course, a presenter learns a lot by doing it, too, leading to refinements.
Among the things on my list:
- Focus on reading a section or two from the book. Save more of the chat for Q&A time.
- Resize the photos to fit the screen. Or, for online presentations, the Zoom format.
- Create memes, including more effective maps.
- Pack a tall music stand to hold the script, in case a lectern or the equivalent isn’t available.
- Don’t try to use split screen when showing slides and trying to read my script from the same laptop in a darkened room.
- Venmo is a definite sales help, even with an older crowd.
- Think about attire that also works in the dark.