OK, I’m counting couples as one here. And I’m excluding some nominees I celebrated earlier in the year in my ten fine couples list. Here goes:
- The Obamas, of course.
- And my wife and daughters and the two guys they bring into my life. Natchurally. Think of this as a team.
- Noah Merrill, the ever patient and faithful field secretary of New England Yearly Meeting of Friends.
- Brown Letham, energetic painter and activist and father of one very fine author.
- Jim and Eden Grace, holy peaceniks on a global scale.
- Timothy and Nijmeh Curren, Orthodox priest and presbvtera.
- George and Althea Coussoule, welcoming stalwarts of Dover’s Greek community.
- Sherry Wood. See my dedication in Hometown News.
- Jay O’Hara, free-Gospel minister and Quaker activist.
- Gary Snyder, American poet and Zen Buddhist.
So what if this adds up to more than ten individuals in all?
Who’s high on your own list?