This round, I’m sticking close to home – places I return to.
- My studio and loft.
- Our Smoking Garden and adjacent fern beds, in season.
- Our 1768 Quaker meetinghouse.
- Dover’s indoor swimming pool downtown and its Olympic-size sister outdoors in Guppey Park, Portland Avenue. Gee, does that mean there’s actually a locker room or two as part of my favorites list? Let’s not slight the long, hot showers.
- Annunciation Greek-Orthodox church. Visually stunning interior, for starters, and some fine folks.
- Sander’s Theater at Harvard. Think of Shakespeare’s Globe and start adding on things like a ceiling.
- The Maine coast, from the Isles of Shoals on up. Could lead to its own Tendrils entry.
- The Community Trail running through town and out along the river.
- The waterfalls downtown. Always changing.
- Lickee’s and Chewy’s Candies & Creamery in the Cocheco Millworks.
Tell us something about one of your own favorites.