Reflecting on gift-giving has me thinking of some great hits over the past few years.
Here are ten.
- The squirrel-proof bird feeder. We all enjoy watching the birds and their drama, but watching an unsuspecting squirrel be shut down is especially comical.
- Annual pass to the indoor swimming pool. It was a gentle nudge to get me exercising again and drew on one activity I had enjoyed as a child.
- Fire digital tablet. I have a lot to learn yet, but it’s been great for streaming music – radio stations whose FM signals don’t reach here, especially.
- External speaker for my computer. A big help with my daily Spanish lessons.
- Olympus digital camera. You see the improvement here at the blog.
- Wool socks and other clothing. Staying comfortably warm is a big deal where we live.
- Leather-covered journals from Venice. Souvenirs from a daughter’s two trips to Italy. I’ve saved those two volumes for special times in my own life.
- Books and recordings. Especially when they show that someone’s been listening to my rambling.
- Martini glasses from yard sales. Look, some of them are likely to get broken during the year, but they’re usually fun to use up till then – and knowing they didn’t cost an arm and a leg, I don’t feel bad in bidding that one farewell and moving on to another.
- Prime rib dinner. Homemade, with a chewy red wine. For us, it’s an annual splurge on my birthday.
What are favorites you’ve received?