In all frankness, it’s the dreariest month. In a flash, the trees are bare. The switch from Daylight Saving Time has many folks going to work before daybreak and coming home after sunset. Still, we can try …
- Harvesting root crops.
- Chill mornings with fog wisps rising from ponds and rivers.
- Election Day. We can always hope for a miracle. A return to sanity, for starters.
- Ministry and Counsel retreat – even years in Deerfield, Massachusetts; odd years in Winthrop, Maine.
- Days can be warm enough to work outdoors … or go for a hike.
- No bugs. Beware of ticks, though.
- Neighborhood souper. Everybody brings a pot of their own creation, then eats what everyone else has concocted. It’s outdoors, though, rain or clear.
- Tagging a Yule tree.
- Thanksgiving dinner. Why mess with tradition?
- Community Thanksgiving service. It’s turned into a showcase for local church choirs.
What do you like about November?