- Foliage. This is New England, after all.
- Cool evenings. You snuggle under the blankets, sleeping with the windows cracked slightly open.
- Apple Harvest Day outreach. Meet a Quaker’s our pitch.
- Mums in pots everywhere.
- Butternut squash soup.
- My annual survey of Charles Ives symphonies and then George Whitefield Chadwick’s.
- Pumpkins as décor … and as crisps and pies. Although we’re rather appalled by its spread into coffee and beer.
- Fresh unpasteurized apple cider.
- Sitting in the loft of the barn again, reading.
- Intense full moonlight.
What do you like about October?