- Grow lights over shelves of seedling trays in our bay window. The 24-hour lights themselves, even before all the green shoots appear and flourish.
- The dramatic possibility of the biggest snows (though I could do without the digging out that follows).
- Arts & Letters afternoon in the Quaker meetinghouse. We have some fine painters and writers and quilters and weavers and sculptors and even musicians. Think of it as a salon without a piano.
- As I’ve already mentioned, a salon of Friends.
- Cutting pussy willows. A first harbinger of spring. Many of our friends welcome the gift.
- The realization we just might make it through another winter.
- First bulbs in bloom. Sometimes surrounded by melting snow.
- Bird migration. Especially the geese overhead.
- Flying kites at the beach.
- Those new wool socks from Christmas, now that they’re in regular rotation.
What do you find personally meaningful in the month of March?