Just a taste of what’s popping up. In case you were looking for a prompt.
- Somehow as a Subway Hitchhiker (at least in my imagination and dreaming) I’ve settled in a small city in a cluster of small cities amid moose and deer and the occasional black bear. As well as the eagle, overhead. Here, with my city farm, as we garden.
- Always the Outsider – even when I’m the Leader.
- This slow process of learning to trust each other again.
- Yet some Wants are also Needs! (To be loved, accepted – even as a writer – even successful or victorious in some manner.)
- My Wall is an aspect of Control. (Even if it’s so classic it’s trite.)
- Sometimes it seems we don’t play. We don’t play enough.
- The pathway is not straight but strait. Not even like a tightrope. No wonder I’m so often off-kilter.
- In the beginning was the Plan and the Plan was (as I paraphrase the gospel of John). Yes, simply was. And all we have to do is step into it! As if it could really be that simple.
- This is hardly a Literary Life. How different my work would be had I led another existence. Something with more time for serious reading, teaching, refined social circles. Rather than laboring out in the field.
- So comforting, this thick terrycloth bathrobe that reaches to my ankles – not a given, at all, when you’re tall. Nice way to round out the year.