Being mindful of what’s right in front of us can always be a challenge. Here are 10 new items from my end.
- Hard to think Christmas is so near. It’s just not in the air, at least for me, despite the bell ringers and carols around the stores. But then I’m often off on another planet.
- I always intend to put up our outdoor Christmas lights while it’s still warm. Rather than freezing my fingers.
- I’ve long said if she would only dance, she’d be perfect. OK, there are few other details I’d add, all these years later. Learning to read music, for one.
- Another old fear? If you get to know me, you won’t like me. Or maybe: You won’t like what you find. (That muscular reaction when someone gets too physically close in a conversation.
- I seldom I feel myself fitting in – in a crowd, an audience, a group, a family.
- NOT THE USUAL … one of my strictures in my desire not to repeat myself in blogging. Or anywhere else, for that matter. Not that I usually remember.
- I miss being able to get the Metropolitan Opera broadcasts on local radio. These days I have to listen on my laptop or cell phone. Just ain’t the same.
- In a depression.: Do I really LIKE anyone? Being with them? Am I having ANY fun?
- Well, I am drinking Virgin Marys during Advent. (Cheers in the morning!)
- You were supposed to save me.