- Savoring those rare moments when I don’t feel an inner compulsion to be moving on from whatever I’m actually doing. That is, when I’m free of that old weight of duty kicking in.
- As happens in Quaker worship. As well as Orthodox Easter and other feast days.
- The North Atlantic.
- Birds at the feeder. Or sighting an eagle or osprey anywhere, even hawks or hummingbirds.
- Fresh tomatoes or asparagus. Along with other things straight from the garden.
- Lobster, scallops, mussels, crabs. The joys of living so near the ocean.
- A good poem or novel, especially by an unknown writer.
- Musical performance that breaks free of convention while remaining true to the score.
- Arriving at a mountaintop by foot.
- Loving someone special. Especially.