So much of my evening routine these days depends on the indoor pool swim schedule. Sometimes I get my laps in the midafternoon, which seems to define the beginning of my evening. And at other times of the year, I the pool’s open at 7 or 8 for my use. With that perspective, my late afternoons and evenings often look something like this:
- Swim a half-mile.
- Hang up wet swimsuit and towel.
- Afternoon nap, if I can. Likely in the guest room or on the floor of my studio.
- When I’m back up, some chore. I’m flexible.
- Dinner. I prefer my big meal of the day to come around closing time.
- Clean-up, wipe counters, start dishwasher.
- Feed the rabbit and change the water.
- Listen to a round of music.
- Slip into bed, reflecting on the day and the morrow.
What tips or even secrets do you have for settling in for the evening?
Of course, this is totally unrelated to the theme. Just another thing on my mind.