- The air turns crystalline. I love the clear blue sky.
- Dover Greek Festival. Every Labor Day weekend, fun dancing to a live band and singer. Don’t overlook the food, either. Anyone else know the meaning of kefi?
- Kids are back in school. Freedom’s in the air!
- Ditto for the crush of tourists. Mostly couples now.
- Some of the best days for swimming in the ocean happen this month, if a hurricane doesn’t blast all the warm water away.
- The equinox Riversing. It’s a mostly folk-based concert beside the Charles flowing past Boston. Join us if you can. We’re on the Cambridge side of the footbridge.
- Anniversary. My wife always gets the date wrong.
- Great time to hit the mountains. Not too hot, not too cold, not too crowded.
- Wild asters – big asters, too – grace the yard.
- More apple picking. We go for the drops on the ground. They’re half-price.
What do you like about September?