How many items are supposed to be on a bucket list, anyway? Twenty is what I’d heard, but now I come across 101. Since this is a Tendril, we start out with 1o.
- The Grand Canyon. A mile down? Like an upside-down mountain? How incredible!
- Greece and Istanbul. Well, it would fit right in with the roots of my latest novel.
- Holguin, Cuba. I love the Quakers I know there. I think January would be perfecto.
- Alaska, taking the ferry from Seattle or Vancouver. We’re talking summer, remember.
- For the other nine months? Hawaii. I hear it’s about much more than colorful shirts.
- Nantucket. So close to home.
- The Adirondack mountains, from the top. Again, so close to home.
- Tanglewood, summer home of the Boston Symphony. Is there no excuse I haven’t done it?
- Carnegie Hall, from the inside. I used to know somebody who lived in the tower at the back.
- The Metropolitan Opera. Standing outside doesn’t count.
What places would top yours?
See what’s new at THISTLE/FLINCH.