At least they’re not commandments. Holy Moses!
- Observing a hummingbird in the azalea just outside our bay window – these amazing creatures really do have a ruby band at their throat.
- All the vacation-bound traffic: boats, campers, trailers, RVs. Along with the state troopers, enforcing speed caps. There are somedown sides to living here.
- A pile of bricks came along with the house when we moved in. Surprising how useful they’ve been.
- How long ago, the realization and description: “She sounds like a parody of teenage upheaval.” It’s a rough rite of passage.
- A stage of revision as an Acid Bath – fine lace of reduction opening passages for air. (Revisions grounded in the present more than any past.)
- Look to that relationships stuff. Maybe the Proust questionnaires, too.
- The next step in nuclear fusion, so I’m told, is to use the technology in conjunction with our existing nuclear waste, depleting those nasty stockpiles – a process that should generate 10-times as much power in combination.
- Constitution, Consensus, and Consciousness. How far away they seem in today’s general scene.
- From inscription over pre-war German synagogues: KNOW BEFORE WHOM YOU STAND BEFORE YOU PRAY. To wit we might add: BEFORE YOU WRITE or BEFORE YOU WORK.
- Public life and business: “We’re sinking into the Abyss.”