AS THE SEASON STARTS WINDING DOWN
by Jnana Hodson
I keep looking at the notes, wondering what to make of them:
- Gardening, to raise one’s awareness – of connections, too – rather than for quantity of food. Quality, now, that’s a different matter, one of heightened taste. Even as the harvest pours in.
- The light, a different rhythm – this dance of illumination, and the earth, responding.
- Trying to discover the spiritual point / social responsibility .
- The Christian Machine .
- Red Squirrel invasion / woodpile / all over town.
- Maybe some foliage thoughts, too.
I keep hoping they’ll all come together, somewhere, in my awareness.
For more garden poems, click here.